About this project
Summary of work
- Construct roundabout at the intersection of Hwy 7 and McLeod County Road 1 near Lester Prairie.
- Work will require a detour (map).
- There will be a separate detour for cars and trucks.
- Several safety enhancements are planned as part of the official detour. Click here to view a summary.
- Safety enhancements are temporary and will be removed once the project is complete and the detour is removed.
- Detour route and corresponding safety enhancements are shown on the map.
- A pedestrian crossing sign will be installed in the middle of the crosswalk of CR 9 and CR 23/Central Ave. the crosswalk will be repainted to make it more visible.
- A four-way stop with larger more visible stop signs will be installed at the intersection of CR 23/Central Ave. and Pine St.
- A northbound advance bicycle crossing sign will be installed at the crossing on Pine St.
- A southbound flashing stop sign will be installed at the intersection of Pine St. and CR 23/Second Ave. S.
- An eastbound flashing stop sign and pedestrian crossing sign will be installed.
- Two trailer mounted dynamic speed signs will be used in town that can be moved to different locations within and around town as needed.
- A number of portable message boards will also be used during the project to keep drivers informed.
- Truck route signs will be removed or covered to discourage truck traffic through town during the project.