This project is complete.
- The bridge over the Cottonwood River south of Sanborn was replaced.
- The previous bridge was built in 1931 and was near the end of its useful life.
- The new bridge is wider with 12-foot driving lanes and 10-foot shoulders.
- Minor work took place on the approaches to improve drainage on the bridge, including reshaping the ditches and stream stabilization.
- New guardrail was installed.
- Two gravel passageways were installed under the bridge on both sides of the river to encourage wildlife to follow them instead of crossing on the roadway.
Friday, October 29, 2021
- All work has been completed.
- Below is an aerial view of the new bridge taken by MnDOT Aeronautics.