Public meetings and events
Information about upcoming meetings will be posted as details become available.
- On Wed, May 25, a public meeting was held at Anoka-Hennepin Education Service Center.
- During the month of September 2021 residents, businesses, commuters and stakeholders had the opportunity to share problems, concerns, experiences and priorities for the Hwy 47 and BNSF railroad crossing. There were 1,039 surveys completed, and the responses are being used by MnDOT to identify transportation problems and solutions to address those problems.
Top concerns with delays due to:
- Trains and gate timing at the railroad crossing
- Rush hour backups
- Blocking due to vehicles turning into side roads and driveways
Top concerns with safety due to:
- Emergency Services response times
- Sight lines at and near the railroad crossing
- Tight curves
- Drivers taking alternate routes through neighborhoods
- Not enough separation of cars to bikes and pedestrians
Top improvements in the project area:
- Provide either an overpass or underpass at the railroad crossing
- Improve conditions for emergency services
- Make road wider with either more lanes or turn lanes
- Ease the tight curves
Public meeting information
On Wed, May 25, a public meeting was held at Anoka-Hennepin Education Service Center. The information from the meeting is shown below; please click on the drop-down headers to read about the challenges, priorities and recommended alternatives.
- Evaluate the BNSF railroad crossing
- Evaluate Martin St. and Pleasant St. intersections
- Evaluate Hwy 47 alignment