About this project
A two-year project to repair and resurface I-94 between Western Ave. and Mounds Blvd. and I-35E between I-94 north and University Ave. began in the summer of 2021. MnDOT also worked on the following ramp bridges:
- East 12th St. to WB I-94 (over WB I-94)
- East 12th St. to SB I-35E (over WB I-94)
- EB I-94 to E 6th St.
In addition, crews resurfaced the Robert St. bridge over I-35E.
The project addressed water seepage issues along the westbound side of I-94 through the project area, built new storm water drainage ponds and replaced railing on some bridges. Freeway lighting and signs were replaced if needed.
Summary of work
- Repaired and resurfaced I-94 and I-35E
- Resurfaced ramps and frontage roads along I-94
- Repaired drainage and upgraded storm sewers
- Other bridge rehabilitation work
- Repaired sidewalks and upgraded pedestrian sidewalks and approaches to Americans with Disability Act (ADA) standards