Hwy 2 resurfacing from Grand Rapids to Hwy 200 detour changes August 4
DULUTH, Minn. – Construction on Hwy 2 from the Prairie River east of Grand Rapids to two miles east of Hwy 65 in Itasca County will continue with a detour change on August 4. Hwy 2 will now be closed between the Prairie River east of Grand Rapids to two miles east of Swan River. The new Hwy 2 detour for local access will utilize Itasca County Rd 3 between Grand Rapids and Jacobson and Hwy 200 between Jacobson and the junction of Hwy 2 East of Swan River.
Hwy 2 between Hwy 65 in Swan River and the east junction of Hwy 200 will no longer be open and will be closed to through traffic. The truck detour will also utilize Hwy 169 South of Grand Rapids and Hwy 200 between Hill City and Hwy 2 east of Jacobson.
Local traffic will be able to access businesses and properties in the construction zone, but through traffic will need to take the detour. For maps and more information, please visit: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/hwy2-reclaim/index.html
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.