West Chestnut Street closure at Hwy 61 in Lake City begins Oct. 7 for repairs
LAKE CITY, Minn. – West Chestnut Street at Hwy 61 in Lake City is scheduled to be closed beginning Oct. 7 for repairs, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The work is expected to be finished by Oct. 15, weather permitting. Crews will be reconstructing the pedestrian ramp and gutter to help with drainage issues at a low spot in that area.
Motorists on West Chestnut Street wanting to access Hwy 61 should use an alternate route such as Hwy 63 or West Walnut Street.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out current and upcoming MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects.
- Want to stay updated on winter driving events and closures? Sign up for our text message and email updates. Winter is just around the corner.