Intersection of 57th Avenue/Goodhue County 14 Blvd south of Cannon Falls closed, detoured Oct. 25
CANNON FALLS, Minn. — The intersection of 57th Avenue and Goodhue County 14 Blvd south of Cannon Falls will be closed and detoured for approximately 3 weeks, beginning Oct. 25 to complete grading and drainage work for the realignment of County 14 Blvd, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The work is part of the Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project . During this time the following detour will be used:
- Motorists traveling east on 57th Ave to Goodhue County 14 Blvd will utilize westbound 57th Ave to Goodhue County 24 Blvd in Cannon Falls.
- Motorists traveling west on Goodhue County 14 Blvd to access 57th west will utilize northbound Hwy 52 to Goodhue County 24 Blvd west to 57th Ave.
- Access to and from Goodhue County 14 Blvd will remain open during this time.
The Hwy 52 project is from Zumbrota to Cannon Falls. It began in July and will be completed in 2023. Mathiowetz Construction Company of Sleepy Eye, Minn., is the prime contractor of the $69.7 million project.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones