Hwy 71 to close south of Willmar for one hour on Nov. 3
WILLMAR, Minn. – U.S. Hwy 71 will close five miles south of Willmar, from Kandiyohi County Road 3 (120th Avenue Southeast) to Kandiyohi County Road 80 (165th Avenue Southeast), for about one hour on Wednesday, November 3, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Building movers are scheduled to transport two large buildings approximately two miles. Please note that the date and time are subject to change.
During the temporary closure, traffic will be detoured on local county roads from/to CR 3 and CR 80. Travelers may follow the posted route or find alternate routes from their trip origin. Allow extra travel time.
Watch for orange cones
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Learn about road construction projects and studies (2021-2024) in southwest Minnesota and sign up for email updates at MnDOT’s website.