Tree, brush removal work begins Dec. 6 along Hwy 52 for 2022 construction work
CANNON FALLS, Minn. – Tree and brush removal work is scheduled to begin Dec. 6 along stretches of Hwy 52 in Goodhue County south of Cannon Falls as crews prepare the area for construction in 2022, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
All of the work will be taking place on MnDOT right of way. The tree cutting and brush removal will help clear areas for construction in 2022 as well as improve areas for drainage once the construction work is completed. Removal work needs to take place in winter months to ensure seasonal nesting patterns of bats are not disrupted.
Motorists may see work taking place off of the shoulder of the roads or MnDOT land adjacent to the road, and should be alert for equipment and workers.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn about the project and sign up for email/text message updates at the MnDOT construction project website or check out MnDOT SE Minnesota construction projects at MnDOT’s website.
- Sign up for winter driving advisories in southeast Minnesota.