No travel advisory lifted on Hwy 2 from East Grand Forks to Crookston
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (4:30 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol have lifted the no travel advisory on Highway 2 from East Grand Forks to Crookston. The highway was under no travel advisory due to low visibility yesterday.
Motorists should continue to use caution when traveling, especially in open areas with no wind breaks and reduced visibility.
After a storm motorists should:
- Check road conditions at 511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.