No travel advisory lifted in northwestern
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (2:30 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted its no travel advisory on state highways in northwestern Minnesota. Area highways were either closed or under no travel advisory due to dangerous travel conditions from high winds, blowing snow and low visibility.
Motorists should reduce speeds and use caution when traveling. Visibility is gradually improving; however there is still blowing snow, and roads are partially covered with snow and ice.
Remember, it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions after a storm.
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning.
- Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds