I-94 reopens, travel with caution
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. (4:25 p.m.)—The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol have reopened I-94 from Moorhead to Fergus Falls. Crash cleanup continues, so motorists are advised to reduce speed, travel with caution, and watch for crews and vehicles along the roadside.
Important: even if state and federal hwys are passable, travel may still be difficult on county, township and municipal roads. Check with local agencies for their road conditions.
Remember, it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions after a storm.
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning.
- Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.