Public information meeting set March 16 for Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project
ZUMBROTA, Minn. — The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to attend a public information meeting on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, to hear updates and learn about the start of construction in April on the Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project.
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Date: Wednesday, March 16
Place: Zumbrota VFW Club, 25 E 1st St, Zumbrota, MN 55992
Information: The meeting will be open house style, so people may arrive at any time and review the information, discuss issues with the MnDOT project team and then depart when it suits their schedule.
Those who are unable to attend will be able to find information about the project posted on MnDOT’s website at the time of the meeting and be able to follow up with MnDOT staff or the contractor Mathiowetz Construction Co. if they have questions.
MnDOT encourages participation in the programs, services, and activities we provide. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-366-4720.
MnDOT’s construction project along Hwy 52 between Zumbrota and Cannon Falls began July 5, 2021. Year two of construction is scheduled to begin in April 2022. The project is expected to be completed in 2023.
- Rebuild Hwy 52 southbound from (4,000 feet north) Goodhue County Road 9 to Goodhue County Road 50
- Build a new interchange at the intersection of Hwy 57/Goodhue County Road 8 and Hwy 52
- Replace the southbound bridge over Hwy 52 for Hwy 60 East
- Build Goodhue County Road 14 connection, frontage roads, and cul de sacs
- Replace the Hwy 52 southbound bridge over the Zumbro River
- Repair the Hwy 52 northbound bridge over the Zumbro River
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from Goodhue County Road 24 in Cannon Falls to (4,000 feet) north of County Road 9
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from County Road 50 to 1.3 miles north of Goodhue County Road 7
- Construct frontage roads and cul de sacs
- Construct noisewall along northbound Hwy 52 south of Hwy 58 interchange at Zumbrota