Business Hwy 371 roadwork meet-and-greet set for Tuesday, April 26 in Brainerd
BAXTER, Minn. – The public is invited to attend an open house to learn about the upcoming roadwork on Business Hwy 371 from Barrows to Brainerd, Crow Wing County. The event will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church (downstairs Fellowship Hall) at 1420 South Sixth Street in Brainerd, on Tuesday, April 26 from 4 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Guests can come when convenient as a formal presentation will not be given.
Guests will have the opportunity to visit with project staff, ask questions, view layouts, and learn work and detour details. For those unable to make the open house, information is provided on the project webpage.
Detour, work begins in mid-May
Business Hwy 371 will close in mid-May between Joseph Street and Buffalo Hills Lane/Industrial Park Road in Brainerd. Motorists are to follow a signed detour along Willow Street, 13th Avenue and Industrial Park Road. Access will be maintained to area residents, businesses and healthcare clinics; however, expect changes. The Business Hwy 371 intersection at Buffalo Hills Lane and Industrial Park Road will become an all-way stop.
MnDOT will improve four miles of Business Hwy 371, which includes the following work:
- Resurface (mill and overlay) from 70th Avenue to Greenwood Street (2.5 miles)
- Reconstruct from Greenwood Street and Joseph Street in Brainerd (1.5 miles)
- Replace city storm sewer and curb/gutters
- Install center left-turn lanes at the intersections of 70th Avenue, St. Mathias Road/County Road 21 and Greenwood Street
- Upgrade the signal system at Buffalo Hills Lane and Industrial Park Road
- Add pedestrian sidewalks and approaches between Industrial Park Road and Joseph Street
When complete in October, travelers will benefit from a smoother road surface, updated drainage, and improved access and safety.
# # #