Construction on Hwy 220 in East Grand Forks begins Tuesday
BEMIDJI, Minn. — A Minnesota Department of Transportation construction project on Hwy 220 in East Grand Forks begins Tuesday, May 31. It includes signal and pedestrian improvements on Hwy 220 from Hwy 2 to 17th street.
Strata Corporation is the contractor for the $697,000 project. Motorists can expect lane closures and delays throughout the project. Construction is scheduled to be completed by the end of June. Start and end dates could change due to weather and other unforeseeable circumstances.
Benefits of the project include safer intersections and pedestrian improvements. For more information on the project, visit mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy220-egf.
Work zone reminder
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times