Daily lane closures on Hwy 10, Morrow Avenue and Holmes Street in Detroit Lakes begin June 6 for two weeks
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – During the weeks of June 6 and June 13, weather permitting, motorists in Detroit Lakes will encounter daily lane closures on Highway 10, Morrow Avenue (Highway 10 frontage road) and a portion of Holmes Street.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will resurface several turn lanes on Highway 10 between Highway 59 and the Detroit Lakes-Becker County Airport; resurface Morrow Avenue, from the turn lanes to/from the Walmart parking lot to Highway 59, and resurface a portion of Holmes Avenue, from the Morrow Avenue intersection to West Avenue.
Crews will begin on Highway 10, and motorists can expect lane closures and turning restrictions at the locations where crews are working. During paving operations on Morrow Avenue and Holmes Avenue, flaggers will direct traffic.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times