MnDOT to host virtual public meeting on June 28 for Hwy 14 project from Dodge Center to Byron
BYRON, Minn. – The public is invited to attend a virtual public meeting on June 28 to learn more about the Highway 14 project from Dodge Center to Byron, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The meeting will be held virtually from 6-7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28. A presentation will start at 6:05 p.m. followed by a facilitated discussion. Attendees can join the meeting online at zoom.us with meeting ID 884 4675 2439 and passcode 758757.
People unable to attend the meeting will be able to review the information and provide comments on the project website.
MnDOT is planning construction on Highway 14 from Dodge Center to Byron. The project will improve safety by:
- Constructing a Reduced Conflict Intersection (RCI) at County Road 9
- Evaluating right-in/right-out access at 260th Avenue
- Installing a high-tension cable median barrier between Dodge Center and Kasson
- Resurfacing pavement between Kasson and Byron
The Highway 14 and County Road 9 intersection has a high risk for severe crashes. The multi-lane crossing and high traffic speeds contribute to the risk. Building a RCI will help mitigate the risk of severe crashes.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or documents in an alternative format (such as braille, large print or in a different language) at no cost, please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.email@example.com call 651-366-4720. Relay service: 711. If you need any another reasonable accommodation to participate (such as seating modification or auxiliary aids), please email your request to Accessibility.DOT@state.mn.usor call 1-833-400-8432. Relay service: 711.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn more about the Highway 14 project and sign up for email/text message updates.
- Check out other MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects and sign up for construction updates.