Detour for Hwy 19 Redwood Falls bridge project begins June 24
WILLMAR, Minn. – A temporary detour for the Highway 19 bridge project in Redwood Falls begins Friday, June 24. The detour is necessary to allow concrete to cure and the bridge should reopen to traffic Monday, June 27. Reopening of the bridge depends on weather conditions and the curing process.
The detour follows County Road 17/Laser Avenue, County Road 25, River Road, and Redwood 101, see detour map attached.
The project includes repairing and resurfacing the bridge over the Redwood River just west of U.S. Highway 71 in Redwood Falls. Deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels will be replaced; the bridge railing will be repaired; and the pedestrian access to the west side of the bridge will be updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Find project updates and additional information at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy19redwoodfalls.