Districtwide crack seal pavement repair project suspended
WILLMAR, Minn. – The MnDOT districtwide project to repair asphalt pavement cracks on roadways in Chippewa, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, and Yellow Medicine counties is being suspended until this fall or next spring. The repair work requires cooler temperatures for success.
This spring and early summer, crack seal pavement repairs were completed along the following roadways:
- Hwy 59 from north of Lyon County Road 33 to Yellow Medicine County Road 3
- Hwy 91 from the Noble/Murray County line to Hwy 23
- Hwy 212 from Montevideo to Granite Falls
Roadways which will be repaired when work resumes include:
- Hwy 68 from Maple Avenue to East View Road in Canby
- Hwy 75 from Hwy 19 to Yellow Medicine County Road 3
- Hwy 212 from the South Dakota border to Hwy 75
The pavement cracks are being repaired using a rout-and-seal method where crews use a saw or router to grind a small channel over the crack and then fill the channel with sealant.
Benefits of the project include a smoother road surface and extended pavement life. The project cost is $510,000, and the contractor is Fahrner Asphalt Sealers.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn about road construction projects and studies (2021-2024) in southwest Minnesota and sign up for email updates at MnDOT’s District 8 projects website.