Highway 10 lane closures Wadena to Staples begin June 29
BAXTER, Minn.— Motorists can expect periodic lane closures and short-term delays as crews resurface Highway 10 between Wadena County Road 108 near Wadena and 12th Street Northwest in Staples, Todd County.
Work will occur during daylight hours, Monday through noon Friday, on good weather days until late July.
Motorists will encounter single-lane closures, lane shifts and flaggers on both directions of Highway 10. The work will be done in segments, so expect the work zone to change and move each day. Watch for heavy equipment and workers.
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
MnDOT will micro-surface the pavement, which will renew the road surface, seal minor cracks and other irregularities, such as pavement wheel ruts. When complete, motorists will notice a smoother ride.
# # #