Hwy 19 Redwood Falls bridge closure moved to July 21
WILLMAR, Minn. – A concrete deck pour for the Highway 19 bridge in Redwood Falls has been moved from today to Thursday due to high temperatures. The bridge will now close Thursday, July 21 at 6:00 p.m., so crews can begin the process of pouring the first half of the new deck surface. Traffic will be temporarily detoured to County Road 17/Laser Avenue, County Road 25, River Road, and Redwood 101 (detour map attached).
The bridge is projected to reopen on Friday, July 29, depending on weather conditions and the curing process.
This is the second of three scheduled concrete pours, and it will complete stage 1. A few days after the bridge reopens, traffic will be switched, and stage 2 work will begin on the opposite side. The third and final bridge closure for concrete work is scheduled for mid-August.
The project includes repairing and resurfacing the bridge over the Redwood River just west of U.S. Highway 71 in Redwood Falls. Deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels will be replaced; the bridge railing will be repaired; and the pedestrian access to the west side of the bridge will be updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times