Lane closure changes and overnight closures begin tonight, next week on Interstate 94 in Moorhead
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – Starting at approximately 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 4, and lasting for several hours overnight, motorists will encounter a westbound lane closure on Interstate 94 in Moorhead. Crews will be removing concrete barriers and barrels from along the roadside between Highway 75 and 34th Street/SE Main Avenue exits.
Crews will also shorten up the lane closure on the eastbound side. Some work remains on the guardrail near the 34th Street/SE Main Avenue/County Road 52 interchange, so there will be a lane closure in that area until Saturday, Aug. 6.
Overnight lane closures next week near Hwy 336 interchange
Starting the week of Monday, Aug. 8, from approximately dusk to dawn, motorists can expect to encounter overnight lane closures in both directions near the Highway 336 interchange. Crews will be making repairs to the guardrail, which is expected to take 3-5 nights to complete.
The lane closures will only be in place during the hours when workers are present; concrete barriers will be placed along the roadside during the day.
Work zone safety
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times