Interstate 94 bridge work, lane closures begin Aug. 15 in St. Cloud
Expect one-lane traffic each way
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists who travel on Interstate 94 in southwest St. Cloud, Stearns County, will encounter lane closures and one-lane traffic in each direction west of the Highway 23 interchange as bridge work begins the week of Aug. 15, 2022.
MnDOT will resurface and make repairs to the I-94 bridges over a retired rail line between Highway 23 and Stearns County Road 138.
Here’s what to expect:
Prep work: through late August
Set up the work zone and install temporary crossovers in the median.
- Expect periodic lane closures, lane shifts and reduced speeds.
Construct: late August to mid-October
Close and work on the eastbound or westbound bridge.
- One lane, each direction, 24/7
- Use alternate routes or travel at off-peak hours
- Plan for reduced speeds of 60 miles per hour
Wrap-up work: mid-October
Remove temporary crossovers and wrap up project.
- Expect periodic lane or shoulder closures, lane shifts and reduced speeds.
New Look Contracting, Inc., is the prime contractor for the $3.4 million project that will provide a smoother bridge surface and reduce overall maintenance costs on Interstate 94 southwest of St. Cloud.
# # #