Lane closures, lane shifts on I-94 and Hwy 10 in Moorhead on Thursday
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – On Thursday, Aug. 18, motorists will encounter work zones along Interstate 94 and Hwy 10 in Moorhead.
Contractor crews will be finishing up guardrail repairs in the following areas on I-94:
- East of the Hwy 336 interchange near the Buffalo River, westbound lane closure
- 34th Street/Main Avenue interchange, lane shift at the 34th Street exit ramp
In addition, motorists will encounter alternating lane closures on Hwy 10/Center Avenue near milepost 1, east of 14th Street at the railroad overpass. Crews will be lining a portion of the storm sewer and repairing catch basins underneath Hwy 10.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times