Public meeting Aug. 31 for future Hwy 210 Brainerd project
Virtual event open through Sept. 12
BAXTER, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation, City of Brainerd and Crow Wing County invite the Brainerd Lakes Community to view the early design plans and receive a project update for the future
Hwy 210/Washington Street improvement project.
The public is welcome to participate in any of these opportunities:
- Public meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 31, 4:30–6:30 p.m. at the Crow Wing County Land Services (lower level) at 322 Laurel Street, Brainerd. Presentation at 5 p.m. Meet-and-greet will follow and guests will have an opportunity to view layouts, provide comments and speak with the project team.
- Business meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 31, 7:30–9:30 a.m. Presentation at 7:30 a.m. at the Brainerd Lakes Chamber of Commerce at 224 W Washington Street, Brainerd. Seating is limited, email email@example.com to reserve a spot or sign up for an online option.
- Public virtual event: Open online through Monday, Sept. 12 at www.futurehwy210brainerd.com.
The project team is excited to share the future vision. All the information will be identical and presented in these five Hwy 210 segments:
- West — Baxter Drive to the Mississippi River
- Bridge — Mississippi River
- Central — Mississippi River to Kingwood Street
- Mall/railyard area — Kingwood Street to 10th Avenue NE
- East — 10th Avenue NE to Pine Shores Road
The Brainerd community worked together in 2021 to study the corridor to better understand the needs, issues and use of the four-lane between Baxter Drive and Pine Shores Road. Public feedback, priorities and technical data gained remain key in the development of this future Hwy 210 project that will:
- Reconstruct or resurface the road
- Reconstruct curbs, gutters, raised medians and storm sewers
- Update signal systems
- Remove signal systems at Fourth Avenue NE and Mill Avenue
- Realign and improve access at the Hwy 210 and Hwy 25/Mill Avenue, includes roundabouts
- Upgrade city utilities
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches and reconstruct/connect the Cuyuna Lakes Trail
- Update the Mississippi River bridge
In fall 2022, MnDOT will obtain municipal consent with the City of Brainerd, then begin final engineer design plans. Construction is scheduled for 2026–2027.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all people in their programs, services and activities.
- If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or documents in an alternative format (such as braille, large print or in a different language) at no cost, please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-366-4720. Relay service: 711.
- If you need any another reasonable accommodation to participate (such as seating modification or auxiliary aids), please email your request to Accessibility.DOT@state.mn.us or call 1-833-400-8432. Relay service: 711.