Public information meeting set Sept. 20 for Hwy 14 project from Dodge Center to Byron
DODGE CENTER, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to attend a public information meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 20 to learn more about a project to improve safety for all users on Highway 14 from Dodge Center to Byron.
- Time: 6-8 p.m.
- Date: Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022
- Place: American Legion, 401 Hwy St. W, Dodge Center
- Information: The meeting will be open house style. People are encouraged to stop by any time and review the information, discuss issues with the MnDOT project team and then depart when it suits their schedule.
People unable to attend the meeting will be able to review the information and provide comments at talk.dot.state.mn.us/hwy-14-co-rd-9-rci.
MnDOT is planning construction on Highway 14 from Dodge Center to Byron in 2024. The project aims to improve safety for all users by:
- Constructing a Reduced Conflict Intersection (RCI) at Dodge County Road 9
- Installing a high-tension cable median barrier
- Resurfacing pavement
The Highway 14 and County Road 9 intersection has a high risk for severe crashes. The multi-lane crossing, and high traffic speeds contribute to the risk. Building a RCI will help reduce the risk of life-altering crashes.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn more about the project and sign up for email and text message updates at the MnDOT construction project website or check out all of the MnDOT construction projects in the region at MnDOT’s website.
- Interested in a job with MnDOT? Career information for the State of Minnesota can be found at the Minnesota Management and Budget website. Come join us.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all people in their programs, services and activities.
- If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or documents in an alternative format (such as braille, large print or in a different language) at no cost, please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.email@example.com or call 651-366-4720. Relay service: 711.
- If you need any another reasonable accommodation to participate (such as seating modification or auxiliary aids), please email your request to Accessibility.DOT@state.mn.us or call 1-833-400-8432. Relay service: 711.