Westbound I-90 ramps at Rock County Road 6 near Beaver Creek closing Sept. 26 for one week
MANKATO, Minn. – Motorists are advised that the westbound I-90 exit and entrance ramps at Rock County Road 6 near Beaver Creek are expected to close Monday, Sept. 26 for approximately one week for paving, weather permitting.
Traffic on I-90 currently remains reduced to a single lane in each direction in the eastbound lanes from the South Dakota border to west of Luverne. The entrance and exit ramps on westbound I-90 at Highway 23 and the entrance ramp at County Road 4 are expected to remain closed until late October.
During the final stage of construction from late October until early November, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction on I-90 from the South Dakota border to east of Luverne.
Motorists are encouraged to visit the project website at I-90 South Dakota-Luverne or project and detour information.
Construction on I-90 is expected to be complete in November, weather permitting. The project includes a concrete pavement overlay on the eastbound and westbound lanes and reconstruction of shoulders. The project also includes the extension of outside ramp shoulders for truck parking, guardrail repair and improved drainage with the cleaning, repair and replacement of culverts and pipes.
Duininck, Inc. was awarded the project with a bid of $22,483,064.90.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Drive the speed limit. It helps create a consistent, more predictable traffic flow for everyone.
- Don’t drive distracted. Drivers need to be alert especially in work zones, which constantly change due to lane shifts, closures and moving workers and vehicles.
- Move over to give workers room to safely complete their work.
- Avoid unnecessary lane changes.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.