I-90 westbound lane closure planned Oct. 18-24 for concrete work on bridge over Hwy 61
DAKOTA, Minn. – Motorists on the westbound Interstate 90 bridge over Hwy 61 at Dakota will encounter a right lane closure Oct. 18-24 as crews complete concrete work, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The lane closure is at mile post 271.28. Crews will be removing some damaged concrete and replacing it. Work is expected to be complete on Monday, Oct. 24.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out current and upcoming MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects.
- Want to stay updated on winter driving events and closures? Sign up for our text message and email updates. Winter is just around the corner.