Work complete on I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – The final year of construction is complete on Interstate 94 between Maple Grove and Clearwater, announces the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT). All lanes, accesses, bridges and rest areas are now open.
MnDOT appreciates the public’s patience during this four-year improvement project that began in fall 2019. Work on the I-94 segment between Maple Grove and Rogers wrapped up in 2021.
This year, crews completed the six-mile stretch of I-94 from St. Michael to Albertville and the 15-mile stretch of I-94 from Monticello to Clearwater, Wright County. Project highlights include:
St. Michael to Albertville
- Reconstructed and added a third lane on westbound I-94 between Highway 241 and Wright County Road 37; and eastbound I-94 between Highway 241 and Wright County Road 19
- Replaced the Highway 241 bridge over I-94 in St. Michael and improved access with:
- A loop ramp from westbound I-94 to southbound Highway 241 and an off ramp from westbound I-94 to northbound Wright County Road 36
- A two lane, four-leg roundabout at Highway 241 and O’Day Avenue
- Replaced the eastbound I-94 bridge and constructed a new eastbound access lane between Wright County Road 19 and Wright County Road 37
- Note: The westbound I-94 bridge over Wright County Road 19 will be replaced as a three-lane structure when the I-94 Albertville to Monticello project begins in 2024.
Monticello to Clearwater
- Reconstructed and added a third lane in each direction of I-94 between Highway 25 and Highway 24
- Improved parking and sidewalks at the Enfield Rest Area along eastbound I-94, east of Hasty
- Constructed a noise wall along the north side of westbound I-94 from West River Street to east of Elwood Road in Monticello
Hoffman-PCiRoads, LLC, is the prime contractor for these two projects between St. Michael and Clearwater.
With this new interstate, motorists benefit from improved safety, a smoother road surface, better commercial access and traffic flow for freight and business, and less vehicle congestion on I-94.
The I-94 Maple to Clearwater project email, hotline and sign-up updates are no longer in service; however, contact information will remain available on the project webpage for one year.
# # #