MnDOT, Crow Wing County and the City of Brainerd, to reconstruct and improve Hwy 210/Washington St. from Baxter Dr. to the east end of the four-lane in Brainerd in 2026.
Summary of work
Hwy 210/Washington St.
- Reconstruct or resurface the road
- Reconstruct curbs, gutters, raised medians and
- Update signal systems
- Remove signal systems at 4th Ave. NE and Mill Ave.
- Realign and improve access at the Hwy 210 and Hwy 25/Mill Ave., includes roundabouts
- Upgrade city utilities
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches and reconstruct/connect the Cuyuna Lakes Trail
- Update the Mississippi River Bridge
Hwy 210 segments
- West — Baxter Dr. to the Bridge
- Bridge — Mississippi River
- Central — Bridge to Kingwood St.
- Mall/Railyard — Kingwood St. to 10th Ave. NE
- East — 10th Ave. NE to Pine Shores Rd.
Motorists: Lane closures, changes to access along Hwy 210, gravel surfaces, detours
Pedestrians: Sidewalk closures, signed detours
More details to become available closer to construction