About this project
MnDOT will reconstruct and improve Hwy 95 between Fern St. and Fillmore St. in Cambridge, Isanti County. The project design process is underway. Over the next two years, we’ll finalize the highway widening concept, complete the environmental process, and deliver construction plans. Work is scheduled for 2026.
Summary of work
- Expand the four-lane segment from Fillmore St. to Birch St., includes sidewalks and adjacent entrances
- Reconstruct from Fern St. to Birch St., includes sidewalks and adjacent entrances
- Replace underground storm sewer and utilities
- Upgrade signal systems and overhead streetlights, install fiber optic cable, and add a traffic camera at the intersection of Hwy 95 and Main St.
- Reconstruct the Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railway crossing includes relocating the train switch tracks to eliminate long wait closures for travelers at the crossing
Information is tentative and subject to change.