About this project
MnDOT will expand I-94 to three lanes in each direction between Albertville and Monticello. Preliminary design to complete the three-lane gap has started and MnDOT will develop a final concept for expansion, complete the environmental process and deliver construction plans for this project. Work is scheduled to start in 2024.
Summary of work
- Replace the westbound bridge over Wright Co. Rd. 19 in Albertville
- Widen both bridges over Co. Rd. 75 in Monticello
- Add a third westbound lane from Co. Rd. 37 in Albertville to west of Hwy 25 in Monticello
- Add a third eastbound lane from west of Hwy 25 in Monticello to Co. Rd. 19 in Albertville
- Replace or repair underground culverts or pipes
- Potential noise walls in the Monticello area, pending further noise analysis
Project scope and summary of work yet to be determined depending on available funds.