MnDOT will reconstruct and improve the Hwy 10 and Hwy 23 interchange area in east St. Cloud in 2023-2024. Project requires one-lane traffic in each direction. Plan ahead. Expect delays and changes to access.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct and improve the Hwy 10/Hwy 23 interchange:
- Rebuild the Hwy 23 bridge(s) over Hwy 10 (built in 1957)
- Reconfigure on/off ramps to improve motorist traffic flow and safety
- Provide safer pedestrian and bicyclist crossing options
- Reconstruct both directions of Hwy 10 between 15th Ave. SE/7th St. SE and Benton Dr. includes turn lanes, shoulders and entrances
- Reconstruct both directions of Hwy 23 from west of Lincoln Ave. SE near the pedestrian overpass to Benton Co. Rd. 1, includes turn lanes, shoulders and entrances
- Improve and update pedestrian access on Hwy 10 and Hwy 23
- Update signal systems at:
- Hwy 23 and Lincoln Ave.
- Hwy 10/E St Germain St.
- Hwy 23 and Division St. E/14th Ave. SE
- Replace or repair drainage structures