About this project
Summary of MnDOT work
- Resurface Hwy 22 from Hwy 212 to Cedar Ave.
- Update sidewalks, driveways and pedestrian crossings along project area to meet current Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards.
- Portions of existing curb and gutter, as well as underground storm pipe, will be replaced.
- The curb line on the north side of 13th St will be narrowed from Hennepin Ave to Ford Ave, and new sidewalk added by the gas station to 6th St.
- Hwy 22 will be open to two-way traffic during most of construction.
- Drivers may encounter temporary lane/shoulder closures.
- Flagging operations will be used at times to direct traffic through the work zone.
Friday, August 5, 2022
- Crews patched asphalt around curbs this week
- They also started drainage work and continued pouring concrete sidewalk
Additional construction projects in Glencoe area
- 2021: McLeod County and City of Glencoe expanded Morningside Drive in 2020. The road will be paved in 2021.
- 2021: The City of Glencoe will resurface 10th St. from Hennepin Ave. to Morningside Drive.
- 2021: McLeod County will be paving CR 2 from the Sibley County line to 10th St.
- 2022: MnDOT will construct a J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & CR 1 and a partial J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- 2022: MnDOT will resurface Hwy 22 from the intersection of Hwy 212 to Cedar Ave. Upgrading of sidewalks, pedestrian crossings and some driveways are part of the project.
- 2022: McLeod County will pave five miles of CR 1 from CR 3 south to the county line.
- 2024: MnDOT will construct a roundabout at the intersection of Hwy 212 and Morningside Drive.
- Click here to view a map of all upcoming projects (PDF)