About this study
MnDOT is studying Hwy 7 between Hwy 100 in St. Louis Park and Carver Co. Rd. 33 in Hollywood Twp to identify needed safety improvements. The study includes evaluating Hwy 7 intersections and other safety aspects on this section of highway.
During this study, we are conducting a traffic safety investigation to:
- Determine if the number and severity of crashes is abnormal
- Identify the primary factors for the crashes
- Propose short-, medium- and long-term updates to improve safety on Hwy 7
As part of this effort, we are assembling an independent, multidisciplinary team of experts to review the safety and operations of Hwy 7. This team will:
- Review all relevant existing information
- Perform a field review of identified areas of safety concern
- Identify and prioritize suggestions made for reducing the degree of safety risk
- Produce a draft report and present key audit findings
We will then prepare a formal report to summarize the study process and outline actions that will be taken in response to each safety issue listed in the team’s draft report.
View a virtual presentation of the study’s findings so far.
Summary of work
- Conduct a traffic safety investigation
- Evaluate intersections and other safety aspects
- Produce a draft report and present the key audit findings
- Propose potential updates to improve safety
- Inform and engage with the public throughout the study