Special Provisions for all trunk highway construction projects
Special Provisions Boilerplates are used to prepare the Division S for trunk highways. The proposal order indicates the make-up of the complete bidding proposal. Please see Proposal Sequence below for links to other boilerplate divisions.
Please note: The Time and Traffic Provisions and IDIQ Specs have been incorporated into the Boilerplate SP2020 file.
The effective letting date for using the 2020 edition of the Minnesota Department of Transportation “Standard Specifications for Construction” and the SP2020 special provisions is January 27, 2022 per Tech Memo 21-02-TS-02.
Special Provisions 2020 boilerplates
Special Provisions 2018 boilerplates
- Boilerplate SP2018 (Word)
- Boilerplate SP2018 list (Word)
- Boilerplate index 2018 page (Word)
- Time and traffic provisions - 2018 (Word)
- Compare SP2016 to SP2018 (PDF)
- IDIQ specs – 2018 (Word)
- 2018 modifications (Word)
- Prefabricated modular block wall (Word)
- Mechanically stabilized earth wall (Word)
Special Provisions guidance
- Special Provisions quick reference guide (PDF)
- Five-section Special Provisions example (PDF)
- Local Government Unit Special Provisions (PDF)
The proposal order indicates the make up of the complete bidding proposal.