Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill - Infrastructure Investments and Jobs Act
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) (Public Law 117-58, also known as, the “Bipartisan Infrastructure Law”) (PDF) is a once-in-a-generation investment in our infrastructure that will help grow the economy, enhance U.S. competitiveness, create good jobs, and build our safe, resilient, and equitable transportation future.
Grant technical assistance
The DOT Navigator is a new resource to help communities understand the best ways to apply for grants, and to plan for and deliver transformative infrastructure projects and services.
Discretionary grant programs
The USDOT and FHWA have a variety of competitive grant programs used to fund various types of transportation projects and activities. The competitive grant funding matrix illustrates these programs.
For generic letter of support from MnDOT use, Letter of Support Request (Word).
- Bridge Investment Program (BIP) - CLOSED, watch for opportunity next year
- Multimodal Projects Discretionary Grants (MPDG)- CLOSED, watch for opportunity next year
- Nationally Significant Freight and Highway Projects (INFRA)
- National Infrastructure Project Assistance (Mega)
- Rural Surface Transportation Grant (Rural)
- National Scenic Byways Program Grants CLOSED, watch for opportunity next year
- Railroad Crossing Elimination Program
- RAISE Grants - CLOSED, watch for opportunity next year
- Reconnecting Communities
- Safe Streets for All Grants - CLOSED, watch for opportunity next year
- Strengthening Mobility and Revolutionizing Transportation (SMART)
- Tribal Transportation Program Safety Fund (TTPSF) - CLOSED, watch for opportunity next year
- Additional information to be available when notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) released.
- Advanced Transportation Technology & Innovative Mobility Deployment
- Charging and Fueling Infrastructure Grants
- Congestion Relief Program
- National Culvert Removal, Replace & Restoration Grant
- Promoting Resilient Operations for Transformative, Efficient, and Cost-Saving Transportation (PROTECT)